Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

Book Three in the Percy Jackson series

Plot: Annabeth and the hunting goddess Artemis are in trouble, and it's up to Percy, Grover, Thalia, and a few others to save them and stop the bad guys. The bad guys are getting stronger and Percy and Thalia are getting older, growing closer and closer to the prophecy that says one of them will either destroy the gods or save them.

Comments: I love how Percy talks because it's like how I talk, so he seems real. It's a little annoying how everything seems to work out. Not necessarily in a good way, but everything is organized and it feels too neat. It's also annoying how every single time it seems like the bad guys have won, a bad guy has to make a speech and gloat about it, wasting enough time for the good guys to react and beat them. Don't get me wrong; I like the good guys winning. But does every bad guy really have to gloat and boast in every movie I see and every book I read? I liked seeing different sides of people in this book. It was refreshing to not read about the exact same characters every time. They're always a little bit different. I couldn't wait to get to the part where the secrets are finally revealed, and that was both interesting and exasperating.

Rating: I consider this book a seven out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment