Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pendragon Series by D. J. MacHale

I only commented on and rated books one, two, and three (The Merchant of Death, The Lost City of Faar, and The Never War) of the Pendragon series, but I decided I'm not going to rate any more.

When I started rating the series, updating the blog as I read, I hadn't realized there were ten books in the series, and I've basically been repeating myself for the three ratings I posted.

Even though I've now only read to book number eight (The Pilgrims of Rayne), I'm going to rate the series overall.

Plot: boy travels to different worlds to fight the evil Saint Dane. Along with friends and a lot of determination, this boy attempts to save the worlds from Saint Dane's evil plan; to topple the worlds and control them all, basically.

Comments: Good plot, with descriptive, realistic characters. It gets really predictable, though. I mean, the plot's different each time, but it always has the same base and the same words and I get deja vu reading it. I like how the story isn’t always focused on Bobby, the main character.
I can’t tell you what I think about the ending since I haven’t read it yet, but I wouldn’t have given it away anyways. I would like this series better if it had been over more quickly. Not that I don’t like reading it, but after the fifth book, it’s leaning towards tiring rather than exciting.

Rating: This series overall gets a seven and a half out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment