Friday, June 5, 2009

Chosen by Ted Dekker

Book 1 of The Lost Books series

Plot: two boys and two girls have to travel around to find a powerful treasure that, if put in the wrong hands, would destroy their world. The wrong hands, of course, are searching for the priceless treasure also.

Comments: I really like the beginning; it's interesting, a good hook to the reader, and it makes you like the main character before really knowing them. I don't think the characters are pictured well. I really only know one or two things about each boy and girl, and though they fit the plot well, they aren't fully formed characters, in my opinion. I think that the book jumps into the thick of the plot too fast. If it had just started developing the plot, it would have been better than all of a sudden finding yourself in the middle of it. It was hastily done and slightly confusing. The plot was good, and I like how the characters don't immediately solve the problem and save the day. I also like that the characters aren't completely pure, unselfish people; they're more like actual human beings.

Rating: I give this book a six and a half out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment