Friday, June 5, 2009

The Sight by David Clement-Davies

Plot: a wolf seer finds out that a wolf pup has been born with the same power as herself. She wants the pup to join her in her quest for power, but the pup's family is protective and loving and will not give the pup over to the evil wolf. The family is cursed and slowly begins to fall apart at the seams.

Comments: I like the plot a lot, but I think this story was dragged out way too long. I skimmed over a huge section in the book because it was boring and seemed completely unimportant. The characters were well developed, but I thought there were too many, and the names were extremely confusing. I wish the main character would have been established more firmly in the beginning. I loved a character that I'd thought was the main one, but the main character turned out to be someone more on the sidelines, one I didn't like very much. It was probably meant to be a shock, but I didn't like it all the same, because I hadn't liked or paid attention to the main character.

Rating: This book gets a six out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment