Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ocean Realm by Rebecca Moesta and Kevin J. Anderson

Book two in the Crystal Doors series. Click here for book three and click here for book one.

Plot: The five friends are back, and are captured by the merlons, not a month after winning a battle against their sea serpent. They are taken to the underground palace and meet both King Barak and the evil sorcerer Azric, who has the king eating out of the palm of his hand. The friend learn about a massive, lethal weapon that the merlons will soon launch against Elantya, and is sure to overcome and sink the island full of peaceful villagers. They begin to plan an escape...

Comments: I liked this book more than Crystal Doors, the first book, though I'm not sure why. I think it might be because in this book the plot is more straightforward and the main characters fit in more. I mean, they've transformed from a couple cousins that want to go home to a couple kid warriors defending a home. I also like the change of setting. It keeps the plot interesting, as does the new characters and, of course, new problems. The characters don't develop much in this book, except for Sharif. I like how I get to know him better, and his relationship with Piri.
I still don't particularily like the way everyone talks, but I guess that's just me. They sound older, yet younger...

Rating: I rate this book a six and a half out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment