Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

Book Four in the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series.

Plot: Percy and his friends need to travel through the endless Labyrinth underground to stop Kronos's invasion on Camp Half-Blood. They meet up with plenty of friendly monsters along the way--friendly meaning, of course, bloodthirsty and evil--and try to find the creator of the Labyrinth.

Comments: A good book for a day when you need some laughs. I always love Percy Jackson's character; he's funny, easy to mistake for a real person, and not exactly the first person you think of when you hear the word "hero". All the characters are really well-rounded and easily imaginable. I like how they all have extremely different traits and personalities. The plot was interesting and the storyline easy to follow. The book explains whenever it introduces a Greek mythological creature, like a Hundred-Handed One, so it's easy to understand. It's hard to put this book down and it's fun to read.

Good hook, makes me want to read it (as if I wouldn't anyways, but whatever), an ending that is both a good finish to a book and makes me want to read the next--and last--book in the series. I think that the characters could be a little less predictable, however.

Rating: I give this book a seven and a half out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment