Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mariah Mundi: The Midas Box by G. P. Taylor

Plot: a boy, Mariah, and a girl, Sacha, working at a famous hotel discover a dark secret that the hotel owner is hiding. They begin to realize why all the boys previously working in Mariah's position disappear, unfailingly, and where they have all gone. Meanwhile, the hotel owner finds out they are close to learning his secret, and begins a mad chase to the finish.

Comments: I liked this book, and it's good for a rainy day. The characters are mostly well rounded, easy to imagine, and life-like. The plot was very creative and interesting, and there were a few twists and turns I had not forseen, creating a sense of mystery. I can easily imagine that this book is really a story that actually happened, which I like. The character names are occasionally confusing, especially in the beginning, since in my experience, Mariah is a girl's name.

The secret is very interesting, and fits nicely into the puzzle of the plot. In my opinion, some of the questions were not answered at the ending, which left it a little bit confusing. This book was entertaining and witty, and it made me smile.

Rating: I rate this book a seven and a half out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment