Monday, August 16, 2010

Suck It Up by Brian Meehl

Plot: a young vampire is chosen to reveal the existance of the ancient race to humans. The public loves him, but he doesn't like the attention and wishes he'd never agreed to it. He meets a teenage girl different from any he's known: she's rude, snappy, and independent, but somehow they become friends. And then...more than friends?

Comments: Personally, I'm sick of the new vampire craze. Tons of new books, TV shows, whatever. But I gave this book a chance, and I loved it! The main character was so innocent and teenager-awkward and sweet! I really liked him, and the teenage girl he meets. I love their interaction, because it is so like real teenagers - I say "real" because one of them is a vampire, forever a teenager.

The plot is completely different from anything I've ever read - and it's not a romance, so don't think it's another Twilight or something (by Stephenie Meyer). This book made me laugh, which I take as a very good sign. I definitely recommend it. It's light-hearted and fun!

Rating: I rate this book a seven and a half out of ten.

4 comments:

  1. Maya,

    Thanks so much for reading my book and it tickles me that you enjoyed it. I believe you gave it a "fangs up" review. I am currently in the throes of writing the further adventures of Morning and Portia in a sequel.

    Cheers,

    Brian M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read the truman book suck it up and it was one of the best books i have ever read. I would recomend this book to people who like vampire books. I would also recomend this book to people who like humouruose books becouse it is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Suck It Up a lot,it was an awesome book. I hope you write another book like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review there =)

    Here's mine if you don't mind: http://lorxiebookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/10/suck-it-up-by-brian-meehl.html

    Thanks and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete