Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

Book five, I think. Maybe.

Plot: once again, Max and her flock are trying to save the world. They're busy trying to promote being environmentally-friendly, when all of a sudden, some one else pops up that wants to kill everyone. Didn't see that one coming. Anyways, can they save the world, or will this be their story of failure?

Comments: I really liked the first book in this series best. As the series progresses, the books become more and more repetitive. I mean, I know it's hard when you keep the same general concept through-out several books to NOT repeat some stuff. But when I read this book, I was constantly able to correctly guess what would happen next. And knowing what's going to happen kind of takes away the whole enjoyment thing. All right, I might be exaggerating a little, but I really could guess ahead--a LOT--and I was feeling a bunch of de ja vu. If James Patterson writes another, I won't bother reading it. I like the way he writes, I love the characters, and the action, and the attitude. But it just feels too similar these days. So if you want to read the whole series, I suggest you check the library every once in a while for something new. If I notice there's another book, I might put it in here. Maybe.

As I was saying, I love the characters and the way James Patterson writes. I like Max's personality, and her frank, get-to-the-point attitude. You feel like you're a part of the whole adventure, and you get really involved. It's fun reading the books, and I definitely recommend at least the first three books. If you want more after the trilogy, you know where to look!

Rating: I rate this book a six. It wasn't a bad book--it just feels like I've read it before.

1 comment:

  1. nooooooooo maya you have to read the whole series!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete