Saturday, November 21, 2009

Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo by Obert Skye

Leven Thumps Book One

Plot: Leven Thumps, a young boy, grows up in an undesirable position; he lives with his mother's uncaring half sister and her abusive, useless husband, unwanted and isolated. Winter Frore had a family somewhat similar, her only relative being her tyrant of a mother. They are somehow connected, though they have never met. However, as soon as the danger begins and their special gifts emerge, the two children are thrust together into a confusing world of fate and choices.

Comments: I liked this book, but I considered it a bit of an easy read. It's a nice adventure, and I recommend it best for reading all at one time, because it gets kind of confusing. The characters are easy to imagine, and I can relate to them pretty well. I think the story is too focused on Leven, though. I mean, I know he's the main character and everything, but there isn't much room left for character development. Even when he's not present, the other characters are talking/thinking about him. It's kind of annoying.
I think the plot was creative and original, but a little predictable towards the end. The storyline is easy to follow, and in general, this book is very easy to understand and read. I personally prefer more difficult books, so I may be prejudiced in my opinion about this book.

Rating: I rate this book a six out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment