Thursday, May 13, 2010

Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer

Book 6 in the Artemis Fowl series (If you haven't read up to the 5th book, skip the plot and go straight to the comments.)

Plot: Artemis is pretty much adapted to the new twins in the household and it looks like he's going to have a pretty normal life from here on - at least, as normal as anything can be with a genius involved. But when his mother contracts a strange and deadly disease, Artemis must once more team up with LEP elf Holly Short to travel back in time. Here Artemis faces his worst enemy...a 10-year-old Artemis.

Comments: I love the Artemis Fowl series! I've never posted anything about it before, so I will now. It's basically about a young, rich boy genius named Artemis Fowl. At first, he's completely unlike any regular boy; cold, arrogant, condescending, everything you’d expect from the perfect villain. And who’s to say he isn’t the bad guy? But then he meets Holly Short, an officer in the Lower Elements Police, the military of all things magical. Holly’s an elf, the first female recon officer in LEP history, and she doesn’t put up with Artemis. In the first book, Holly and Artemis are enemies. So read the series! The books are awesome!

Anyway, back to The Time Paradox. I think this is my favorite book out of the series, mostly because of the character development. It was pretty confusing – at least, bits in the ending were. For one thing, I can’t remember who Imogen Book is. Apparently she was mentioned in The Lost Colony (Book 5), but I don’t recall that, although I haven’t read The Lost Colony in a while. And all that time traveling stuff got a little muddled.

I love Holly and Artemis! They’re such good friends (even if they don’t know it) and I love the new addition. Just read it. You’ll know what I’m talking about. I was waiting for that to happen, and it finally did. I love it! It didn’t work out well, but I’m sure it will. Now I have to wait for the next book!

Rating: I rate this book a seven and a half. The series is rated a seven and a half. You've got to read them! Especially this one.

1 comment: