Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Starcross by Philip Reeve

Plot: sequel to Larklight. This time it's top hats that say "Moob" trying to take over the universe. The older sister's...well, basically boyfriend, won't respond to her letters and is making eyes at a pretty French girl. The whole thing is adventure, every step of the way.

Comments: the older sister is slightly better in this book. I like the adventure mixed in with a bit of angry romance (sorry, no better way to put it, I don't think). The plot is a little hard to understand at first, however. I don't mean it's boring; it's just that you have absolutely no idea where the book's going the entire time you're reading it. I suppose that's alright, but maybe it was took a little too far.

Rating: This book gets a six and a half out of ten.

1 comment:

  1. See Larklight, also by Philip Reeve. Sorry, I didn't mean to post this one first (this is the sequel).

    ReplyDelete