Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Larklight by Philip Reeve

Plot: spiders are trying to take over all the worlds (there are a lot), and it's up to a boy, his older sister, and a pirate to save them. Plenty of odd places and new creatures.

Comments: a very good book for people with annoying older siblings. Sometimes all the names of places and species get confusing, but it's written in a way so that you don't really have to remember them all. I don't like how the older sister is so prissy and formal and...girly. She's obsessed with being lady-like, and there aren't really any other girls unlike her. But I suppose that's part of the book. I like the way things are in the future, with new technology and new worlds and everything, but is as the same time in the past, sometime in the mid-1800's.

Rating: I give this book a seven out of ten.

2 comments:

  1. See Starcross, also by Philip Reeve. Sorry, I didn't mean to put Starcross first (this is the prequel).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost read this one, but my MOM would not let me >:P

    ReplyDelete