Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Extinction Event by David Black

Plot: When attorney Jack Slidell is suspected in the drug/sex murder of his law partner, he finds himself on the run with a beautiful woman. He quickly becomes caught up in a conspiracy that may mean the end of the planet.

Comments: I slogged my way through less than one hundred pages of this book before giving up. Definitely not a good story. The characters are just absolutely horrible - you feel no empathy for any of them, and so the story means nothing to you either.

According to a few other people who read the whole book, The Extinction Event has a few nice twists to the plot but the actual extinction event - the threat to human existence - appears as an afterthought in the final few pages. Overall, many agree that this was not a good book and that the characters are not well created.

As a side note, Jack's romance with the woman just grossed me out because he's sixty and she's not even thirty. That may be personal preference, but it made me dislike the characters even more.

To summarize, I thought this book was terrible.

Rating: I rate this book a five out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment