Friday, December 16, 2011

The Strongbow Saga by Judson Roberts

Plot: Halfdan used to be a slave but was unexpectedly granted freedom by his dying father, a viking chieftain. Suddenly Halfdan is thrust into a completely different world. His new brother teaches him how to fight as a viking warrior, and Halfdan gains the deadly skills which will later keep him alive. When unthinkable tragedy strikes, Halfdan embarks upon a journey of war and adventure with only one emotion in his heart - vengeance.

Comments: I have read the first three books in this series and can't wait to continue with the next installment. The Strongbow Saga cradles an amazing story of a compassionate viking warrior striving to honor his family. Halfdan is fearless, cunning, and an entirely lovable character. I feel sad for him, but a child who was forced to grow up too quickly. I also must respect him as a formidable warrior and one who never backs down. His youth is evident at times and may create amusing situations which embarrass Halfdan to no end. New friends among the vikings love to tease Halfdan, adding humor and a light-hearted sense.

Halfdan's romance was unsurprising and perhaps too predictable. It was, however, sweet in its innocence. Every great adventure needs a bit of love, right? Of course not. But the romance certainly fit well into this particular story. Through the eyes of the girl, I was able to see different elements in Halfdan more clearly. His honor and virtue redeem the vengeance that drives him, in my eyes. I find myself cheering for Halfdan, and I can't wait to read more about his adventures.

Rating: I rate the first three books in The Strongbow Saga as a nine out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment