Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sky Realm by Rebecca Moesta and Kevin J. Anderson

Book Three in the Crystal Doors series. Click here for book two and click here for book one.

Plot: Cousins Gwen and Vic continue their adventures with their friends Tiaret, Sharif, and Lyssandra in the strange, magical land Elantya. This time the five friends must travel to a flying city and prevent the evil immortal Azric from taking control. Together they fight, but enemies are everywhere...

Comments: I don't really like the writing in these books. Though the main characters are children, barely teenagers, they speak formally and unrealistically. It all seems very scripted and unnatural. I don't think the authors very well portrayed the teenagers.

I like the general idea of the plot, but it's pretty predictable. The good guys beat the bad guys, and everything's perfect again. I did like the character development of Sharif. He's my favorite character, and I like reading about him. However, it seems like he was a focus in both books two and three, so I'm wondering what happened with the other four main characters. Do they each get a book, too? Anyway, Sharif was basically the highlight of this book. The rest of it was okay.

Rating: I rate this book a six out of ten. Not very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment