Thursday, April 30, 2009

Alis by Naomi Rich

Plot: A fourteen year old girl is told she has to marry her forty year old preacher. Ew. So, she decides to run away to the city and find her brother, who ran away seven years before.

Comments: A good book for a rainy day. A good plot with a couple of nice twists I hadn't seen coming. I always love that. Doesn't do a very good job of painting pictures of the characters. Not physically (I always prefer to imagine that myself), but most of the main characters I didn't know very well. Sure, a few traits and maybe a little bit of background, but I never really got a feel of who anyone but the main character really was. Despite that, it's a great adventure story, but not in the way you might think. An unexpected book is almost always a good one.

Rating: I give this book a seven and a half out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment